The mission of McCann Technical School is to graduate technically skilled, academically prepared, and socially responsible individuals ready to meet the challenges of the 21st century.
McCann Technical School is committed to being the leader of quality technical education and academic achievement in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Our educational philosophy is sustained by individuals dedicated to customer focus and satisfaction through continuous improvement. The school community will create a learning environment that motivates and actively engages all students in mastering rigorous academic and technical curricula. This philosophy is implemented by adhering to our core values of communication, achievement, respect and ethics.
Communication strengthens partnership development and teamwork.
Achievement is attained through a strong work ethic.
Respect from all guarantees a safe learning environment.
Ethics ensure a dedication to honesty and integrity.
- To increase the percentage of students performing at the proficient and advanced levels.
- To engage students through dynamic and technologically integrated teaching strategies.
- To implement a rigorous and relevant curriculum that is aligned to the academic and technical Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks and Common Core standards.
- To align technical programs to national standards and accreditation requirements, allowing students to obtain relevant licensure/certifications.
- To promote environmental awareness through green initiatives.
- To develop recruiting strategies to expand community awareness.