Northern Berkshire Vocational Tech District Profile
We are pleased to attach our school “report card” for the current year. It contains important information about student achievement on Massachusetts Comprehensive Assessment System (MCAS) tests, and the progress we are making toward helping all students become proficient in English language arts and mathematics. The information in the report card is divided into two parts:
- Part I: Student Achievement
- Part II: School Accountability
Part I summarizes how our school’s students scored in English language arts and mathematics in the last two years of MCAS examinations. Part II indicates whether or not our school is on target to meet the goal of all students reaching proficiency in English language arts and mathematics by 2015, a fundamental goal of the federal No Child Left Behind Act (NCLB). In accordance with NCLB, schools that do not make sufficient progress toward this goal are identified for ‘improvement’, ‘corrective action’, or ‘restructuring’. Our school’s 2015 Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) report shows that the Charles McCann Technical School has made AYP for the following subject areas and subgroups:
- English Language Arts Aggregate: Yes Performance Rating: Very High Score Attained: 95
- English Language Arts Students with Disabilities: Yes Score Attained: 86.3
- English Language Arts Low Income Students: Yes Score Attained: 95.8
- Mathematics Aggregate: Yes Performance Rating: High Score Attained: 92.5
- Mathematics Students with Disabilities: Yes Score Attained: 83.1
- Mathematics Low Income Students: Yes Score Attained: 89.4
As a result of these determinations Charles McCann Tech has not been identified for any corrective action.
We are happy to help you if you have further questions about what this report card means. Please feel free to call me directly if I can be of additional assistance to you. You can also find additional information on the following websites: School and District Report Cards, FAQ’s http://www.doe.mass.edu/nclb/reportcard/faq/english.html, Department of Elementary and Secondary Education Home Page http://www.doe.mass.edu/ or Detailed Profile of this school or district http://profiles.doe.mass.edu/.