Northern Berkshire Vocational Regional School District
James J. Brosnan, Superintendent
70 Hodges Cross Road, North Adams, MA, 01247
McCann Technical School has been providing quality technical training and an excellent academic education to students from our nine member communities, Adams, Cheshire, Clarksburg, Florida, Lanesborough, Monroe, North Adams, Savoy and Williamstown for more than fifty years. We have an outstanding reputation throughout the Commonwealth, strong partnerships with numerous area employers, and a dedicated and caring faculty. Still, there are a number of misconceptions about what technical education is, and specifically about how it is delivered at McCann.You and your child are making an important decision about their future when you choose between attending an academic high school and coming to McCann. You both may be surprised to learn that:
- Our students receive “two educations in one”. Because of our scheduling for academic classes, our students receive the same amount of academic instruction as students enrolled in academic high schools, plus authentic, hands-on instruction in a chosen technical area.
- More than 70% of our graduates go on to college. Some of these students earn college credits while in high school under our Project Lead the Way and AP programs.
- Many of our students participate in the co-operative work program, which allows them to alternate weeks of academic instruction with weeks of paid employment in their technical areas.
- Graduates who chose to enter the workforce directly after high school typically have no difficulty obtaining skilled employment in their field.
- Our postsecondary programs in Cosmetology, Dental Assisting, Medical Assisting, Practical Nursing and Surgical Technology provide outstanding educational opportunities for high school graduates.
Our dedication to our students’ future is reflected in our state-of-the-art equipment, our well maintained grounds and facilities, and our commitment to quality education and individual attention provided by a talented and diversified professional staff. We believe in rigor and relevance for all studies, measuring results of student success, and in building relationships throughout our school community. With our students, parents, teachers and professionals from local businesses and industry working toward one goal, McCann Technical School is the right choice to prepare students for success.