ESSER III Implementation Plan
Elementary and Secondary Education
Emergency Relief Grant 2021 (ESSERIII)
As a single school district, ESSER III funds for Northern Berkshire Vocational Regional School District (McCann Technical School) prioritize needs of all grade 9-12 students at both school and district-wide levels. The ESSER III Grant provides the opportunity to increase access to educational materials, mental health support, and technology, as well as resources to address learning loss and support the overall student success for this school year, and years to come.
Our plans for the grant funding touch upon all aspects of student life at McCann Technical School:
- Funding support staff to assist students with disabilities maintain academic and vocational progress.
- Providing professional development for teachers in “team-teaching” practices to be able to provide a broader range of services for all students.
- Develop and implement accelerated learning programs aimed at mediating the learning loss resulting from the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Provide expanded counseling services to students experiencing social-emotional struggles as in-person learning resumes.
- Provide training for faculty in Youth Mental Health First Aid so faculty members can respond appropriately and effectively to students in crisis.
- Develop transitional and welcoming programs for special-education students entering McCann Technical School.
- Purchase software related to best-practices developed during the pandemic as well as software enabling teachers to effectively deliver remote programming in the event it is necessary.
- Purchase hardware to ensure 1-to-1 levels are adequately met for every student at McCann to have a school-issued device (Chromebook).
- Improve HVAC capacity in infrastructure in an older building to bring ventilation up to standards.
- Purchase and development of “Social Emotional Learning” (SEL) program material to implement with students school-wide.