Philosophy and Goals (Mission)
The mission of McCann Technical School is to graduate technically skilled, academically prepared, and socially responsible individuals ready to meet the challenges of the 21st century.
McCann Technical School is committed to being the leader of quality technical education and academic achievement in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
The school community will create a learning environment that motivates and actively engages all students in mastering rigorous academic and technical curricula. Our educational philosophy is sustained by faculty, staff, and administrators dedicated to a student-centered focus through continuous improvement. Student growth and development are promoted by instilling the following core values in our students:
Respect for self, others, and the learning environment promotes a positive learning experience for all students.
Effort is demonstrated through an applied work ethic that includes punctuality, improvement, and a determination to succeed.
Accountability develops personal responsibility for both behavior and learning.
Communication facilitates collaboration, promotes self-advocacy, and develops positive relationships.
Honor requires students to act with integrity, honesty, positivity, and empathy for others.
- To increase the percentage of students performing at the proficient and advanced levels.
- To increase the utilization of data to improve student performance.
- To engage students through dynamic and technologically integrated teaching strategies.
- To implement a rigorous and relevant curriculum that is aligned to the academic and technical Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks and Common Core standards.
- To align technical programs to national standards and accreditation requirements, allowing students to obtain relevant licensure/certifications.
- Utilizing SkillsUSA as a platform, develop career-ready students with the skills and professionalism to succeed in the workplace.
- To develop recruiting strategies to expand community awareness.