McCann Technical School opened in 1962 and for the past 60 years has offered quality secondary and postsecondary technical education to generations of area citizens. The school is named for its visionary founder, Charles H. McCann, and continues to evolve offering 9 secondary and 5 postsecondary programs with an enrollment of 530 students.
The mission of McCann Technical School is to graduate technically, academically prepared, and socially responsible individuals ready to meet the challenges of the 21st century.
McCann Technical School is committed to being the leader of quality technical education and academic achievement in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
The school community will create a learning environment that motivates and actively engages all students in mastering rigorous academic and technical curricula. Our educational philosophy is sustained by faculty, staff, and administrators dedicated to a student-centered focus through continuous improvement. Student growth and development are promoted by instilling the following core values in our students:
- Respect for self, others, and the learning environment promotes a positive learning experience for all students.
- Effort is demonstrated through an applied work ethic that includes punctuality, improvement, and a determination to succeed.
- Accountability develops personal responsibility for both behavior and learning.
- Communication facilitates collaboration, promotes self-advocacy, and develops positive relationships.
- Honor requires students to act with integrity, honesty, positivity, and empathy for others.