Records You Will Need
Keep these records! You will need them again.
- Your Social Security Number and your parents' Social Security Numbers if you are providing parental information.
- Your driver's license number if you have one.
- Your Alien Registration Number if you are not a U.S. citizen.
- 2017 federal tax information or tax returns (including IRS W-2 information) for your self (and your spouse if you are married) and for your parents if you are providing parental information.
- Information on savings, investments, and business and farm assets for yourself and your parents if you are providing parental information.
The following are some of the questions that need particular answers on the FAFSA form. The questions are numbered as they appear on the paper application. The same questions will also be on the FAFSA on the Web Worksheet.
- Question 23: Have you been convicted for possession or sale of illegal drugs for an offense that occurred while you were receiving federal student aid (such as grants, loans or work-study)? You must not leave this question blank
- Question 30: When you begin the 2019-2020 school year, what degree or certificate will you be working on? Certificate or diploma (occupational, technical or education program of less than two years)
- Question 103a: 1st Federal School Code: 015637
- Question 103b: Housing Plans: 2 (with parents) or 3 (off campus)
- Question 104: Date this form was completed: Date you completed the form
- Question 105: Student (Sign below): Be sure to sign the form. Parent must also sign if you are a dependent.
KEEP COPIES OF ANY OF THE ABOVE FINANCIAL INFORMATION that you use to fill out the FAFSA. You will have to present them as documentation later on to the Financial Aid Director. Please read and follow the instructions carefully. If you have any problems, you may call us at (413) 663-5383 ext. 181 for assistance.